If you are suffering from vertigo, then you know how difficult it can be to live your life without the proper treatment. You may have tried many different treatments but are still not getting relief.
It is a good thing that CBD oil is around for people suffering from vertigo. CBD oil could be the answer to your vertigo problems. This blog post will talk over all of the benefits that CBD oil has for handling vertigo.
Does CBD Oil Help With Vertigo?
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD oil, can help treat many different types of health problems. One such condition that CBD oil can help with is vertigo. CBD aids people experiencing vertigo by acting as a muscle relaxant, an anti-inflammatory agent, and by aiding to decrease anxiety. All of these benefits combined provide people with the relief they are looking for.
CBD oil is very effective at handling vertigo because it has very little THC compared to other cannabis products which can make you feel high after using them.
What Is Vertigo?
Vertigo occurs when the receptors in your inner ear get confused and send a message of spinning or tilting to your brain even though you are not moving at all. This becomes extremely problematic because, with every step that you take, your brain is receiving a message that you are spinning. This disrupts the receptors in your ear even more and causes dizziness or nausea.
When vertigo becomes this severe, it can cause people to fall over when trying to walk because their brains cannot get enough of an understanding of what they are supposed to be doing at any given moment due to the disruption of their inner ear.
Vertigo can also cause a ringing sound in your ears and extreme difficulty keeping a focus on anything for very long due to all of this spinning going on inside of your head.
CBD Or THC: Which Is Better For Vertigo?
Many people with vertigo are wondering whether they should use CBD oil for their treatment or if they should try using THC instead. The truth of the matter is, both will provide benefits but it depends on how severe your condition is and what you prefer.
CBD oil might be better suited to treat less intense cases of vertigo because it does not have any psychoactive effects. THC can be used for more forceful cases of vertigo because it has some anti-inflammatory properties and provides relief from fretfulness which is often related to this condition.
CBD For Vertigo Benefits
CBD oil has many benefits that are useful for treating vertigo. These include:
- Reduces Anxiety – One of the main reasons CBD is so great at helping with health conditions is because it reduces anxiety which in turn helps to relax muscles and improve overall moods.
- Decreases Inflammation – Another benefit of using CBD oil instead of THC is that CBD helps to decrease inflammation naturally. Decreasing inflammation can help with the severity of vertigo because it will prevent issues from becoming severe in the future due to how quickly things are being treated.
- Maintains Healthy Muscles – The last benefit of using CBD oil for vertigo treatment is that it maintains healthy muscles throughout your body. Having healthy muscles is one of the most important things to have to prevent muscle spasms which can be a cause for vertigo.
Symptoms of vertigo can vary from person to person depending on how intense their condition is. Some common symptoms are:
- Lightheadedness – feeling like you may pass out or fall over because the spinning has made it hard for your brain to properly process things.
- Falling Over When Trying To Walk – this occurs when people with severe vertigo try to walk because their brain is getting so many mixed signals it cannot properly process things.
- Extreme Dizziness – another common symptom that can be caused by vertigo is feeling extremely dizzy or lightheaded throughout the day due to all of this spinning going on.
- Unable To Focus On Anything For Longer Than A Few Seconds – this is common when people are feeling lightheaded or dizzy because it becomes difficult to properly focus on anything.
- Nausea And Vomiting – can also cause nausea and vomiting in some cases which only makes the spinning worse due to your body not having enough energy at any given time. This can lead to more vomiting so it is important to keep your body well-fed and hydrated throughout this time.
How To Use CBD For Vertigo
CBD oil can be used in many different ways depending on which symptoms you are trying to treat. There are CBD oil products that you can choose from like CBD capsules, CBD tincture, CBD vape oil, or even CBD edibles.
There are CBD products that can be taken orally. This will help to treat nausea and vomiting as well as keep your body healthy through the food you eat.
CBD oil can also be used in a vaporizer which is great for those lightheaded feelings throughout the day because it will help to calm down dizziness and give you better focus.
Finally, CBD oil can be added to lotions or creams and applied directly to the skin for localized treatment of vertigo. This is great if you are having issues with your neck or back because it will help ease them without causing any side effects.
CBD Products And Their Pros & Cons In Vertigo Treatment
CBD products are an excellent way to treat vertigo symptoms because they have so many benefits that all come together to help you feel better. To easily choose which product to use, you will need to weigh the pros and cons of each product.
- CBD Capsule: This is good in that you can easily take it orally and get results. However, this is bad because capsules do not have a fast-acting time so they may work slower than other products on the market.
- CBD Tincture: This is another good product in that it works quickly which makes it excellent for treating vertigo symptoms right away. The downside to this product is that it needs to be taken orally which makes it hard for people who cannot swallow or are nauseous.
- CBD Vape Oil: This oil can only be used with a vaporizer so if you do not have one, this may not work well for your situation. It also works quickly making it excellent at treating symptoms.
- CBD Edibles: This product is the only edible CBD oil on the market which makes it great for those who need vertigo relief but cannot swallow capsules. However, this product has a slow-acting time and may not be as effective at treating symptoms as other products.
CBD Side Effects
Some CBD products have side effects that you need to be aware of. Among the side effects from CBD are:
- Dry Mouth: This occurs because CBD is a natural anti-histamine that works to lower histamine levels in your body to decrease inflammation and swelling. However, this can cause problems with dryness throughout the day if you do not drink enough fluids or keep yourself well hydrated.
- Drowsiness: This happens because CBD works to promote sleep and help you relax. While this is helpful for some people, it can cause problems if you are not allowed to drive after taking a product like CBD edibles or capsules and cannot stay home alone while feeling dizzy from vertigo.
- Diarrhea: Some products can work too well at helping you to feel better which can cause your body to react poorly with diarrhea. This is not common but it does happen, so be sure that you are aware of the product’s ingredients and how they work before using CBD products for vertigo relief.
CBD oil is a great product that can be used in many different ways. It works quickly and effectively at treating symptoms, but it also has a few side effects which make it less likely for you to react poorly when using the product. If you are looking into relief for your vertigo, CBD oil is worth looking into.